(TIMES AND WORKSHOPS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
To register for Workshops, please click here.
FRIDAY APRIL 28, 2017
LEARNING WITH LIBBY — $40 Per Person Per Day. 10 AM.
You can do a short 1 day project, or make it a 2 day project on the 6 foot tri loom. Fiber projects will be going on all day, beginning at 10 AM on Friday and Saturday.
Supplies must be purchased separately.
If you want to purchase a tri-loom before the Festival, email Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org and place your order. Orders must be placed by April 14 to ensure arrival of your loom.
You can also order a tri-loom from The Woolery:
4 foot Tri Loom $160
6 foot Tri Loom $230
Libby is offering many opportunies for fiber projects training. You may have a simple project, or a more lengthy project. Libby will be there to help you learn, and have fun with fiber!
Simple Projects Less Than 2 Hours Friday or Saturday
1. Learn to wet felt soap
2. Learn to use a Lucet to make wool chains
3. Learn to needle felt using cookie cutter to embellish wool sweaters
4. Learn to pick wool using a wool picker
5. Learn to card using hand carders and drum carder
Projects 2 to 6 Hours (1day) Friday or Saturday
1. Weave on a 3.5 foot tri-loom and create a scarf.
2. Weave on a 12 inch tri-loom, and sew pieces together to make a larger peice. Create a scarf.
3. Needle felt a seat pad with simple design (full day)
4. Make a small rug/seat pad using peg loom (full day)
5. Begin the making of a hat and finish at home. (Samples of hats made by Libby using wool and alpaca will be available for you to see.)
Project Taking 2 Days
This 6′ tri-loom project takes 2 days and requires a stand.
1. Complete a shawl using a 6 foot tri-loom.
The wonderful, talented, and expert fiber artist is back again this year to share her expertise in natural fibers, wool, and her love for fiber.
1 PM – 2 PM “Know Your Fleece” Learn at least ten different breeds by sight and touch. This is an in depth study of fleece quality.
3 PM – 4 PM “Dryer Balls” Includes everything to make four dryer balls. Will need to finish at home in personal washer/dryer.
SPIN – IN, WEAVE – IN Daily During Festival Hours
Bring your wheels and enjoy the company of other spinners during the sheep festival. A great time to meet new friends and learn from each other.
9 – 10 AM “Dryer Balls” Inlcudes everything you need to make 4 dryer balls. Must be completed at home in personal washer/dryer.
11 – 12 PM “Learn To Drop Spindle” Ann Mikeal $35/person with drop spindle included; $30/person if you bring your own spindle.
Learn the basics, including plying.
2 – 3 PM “Know Your Fleece” Ann Mikeal $50/person
Learn how to identify at least 10 different breeds of sheep by sight and touch.
10 – 11 AM “Needle Felting” Jennifer Garcia Learn to needle felt a 5 inch long bunny. $40 Supplies Included.